Advanced databinding with ViewModels in Silverlight
Silverlight and RIA Services are great technologies and the Model-View-ViewModel (M-V-VM) pattern is a nice approach to keep UI and logic separated. But using the combination of view models with item controls, dataforms and commands can be a laborious task because the databinding features in Silverlight are quite limited. I posted an article on my website in which I demonstrate how binding with ViewModels can be improved by using the BindingHelper class and by creating your own command behaviors.
- Access ViewModel properties in a ListBoxItem
- Access ListBoxItem properties in a ListBoxItem
- Access Commands in a ListBoxItem
- Access ViewModel properties and Commands in a DataForm
- INotifyPropertyChanged vs. DependencyProperty in a ViewModel